Birthdays, today is Dani's and Aunty Avocado's. You weren't around yet when 9/11 happened. I remember what I was doing. I was getting up getting ready for classes at UC Berkeley. It's the only UC that was in session when it happened. I had economics and history classes that day. I didn't have a picture of Aunty Avocado, but here's a picture of you when you met her...
Daddy is so good to you. You asked me why I'm so good to you. You may not remember or understand, but I'm good to you because it's my responsibility. I'm your father and you didn't ask to be here. It's my responsibility to do my best to give you a good life. It's your responsibility to be a good person and take care of yourself. Lesson for today. Make sure to take care of your responsibilities. If something doesn't get done, it's rarely because you can't. It's usually because you don't want to enough...
No comments:
Post a Comment